All winter I have been teasing my taste buds at the thought of homemade hot chocolate. There is something comforting about the warm, creamy, chocolatey goodness that is created over a hot stove. Chilly Sunday’s are the perfect opportunity to cuddle on the couch while sipping a warm drink and watching a good flick (with snacks of course). Jonty and I chose to watch Bridesmaids which was absolutely hysterical!
Since I love Nutella (who doesn’t?!) I knew it would be the perfect ingredient and star of the show in my hot cocoa. We also threw in milk chocolate along with milk and heated it in the pot while stirring with a whisk. The creamy, frothy creation was then poured into two mugs (the “S” one was a Hanukkah gift from Jonty!) and topped with mini marshmallows and chocolate shavings. I cannot believe I have waited this long to make probably the best hot chocolate I have ever tasted.
*These ingredients are the pathway to pure bliss 🙂
On this particular Sunday I also woke up in the mood to bake. Every baker knows that browning bananas=great excuse to bake! There were also some frozen blueberries in the freezer, which turned my idea into a banana blueberry loaf. Since the hot chocolate was pretty indulgent I opted for a rather healthy recipe. Take a look at the finished product and the recipe below!
Let’s just say I was one happy lady this Sunday afternoon!
Blueberry Banana Loaf Recipe
- 1 cup(s) flour, whole-wheat
- 3/4 cup(s) flour, all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup(s) oats, rolled, quick cooking
- 3 tablespoon margarine (I used apple sauce)
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar or honey/agave
- 1 large egg(s), or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup(s) banana(s), mashed (about 2 bananas)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 cup(s) blueberries, fresh or frozen