If you’re every looking for a crowd pleaser, but not looking to spend hours in the kitchen, I suggest whipping up a trifle. Trifle’s are extremely versatile and can be made out of pretty much anything such as chocolate, berries, various fruits, as well as many other sweet treats. They are basically layers of any kind of cream, custard, or pudding combined with either fruit, or cookies for the most part.
I have a huuuuge soft spot for Oreo cookies and love to incorporate them whenever I can. This Oreo trifle, which has been a favourite of mine when my cousin makes it is simple, yet insanely delicious. It consists of layers of chocolate cake, chocolate pudding, cool whip, and chopped Oreos. See below for the recipe, which can be altered depending on preference, and the size of your bowl.
You really can’t go wrong with a trifle, so have fun with it and get creative!
1 box of chocolate cake mix
2 boxes chocolate pudding
1 container Cool Whip, or any whipped topping
Approx 15 Oreo cookies, crushed
1. Bake cake according to package instructions, and crumble into bite size pieces.
2. Prepare pudding according to package instructions
3. Crush Oreo’s by placing them in a zip top bag and bang them with a rolling pin, or anything hard.
4. Begin layering in trifle dish or any bowl. You can layer however you would like but my order was crumbled cake, then pudding on top, then a layer of cool whip, then sprinkled generously with crushed Oreos. Continue until you reach the top of the bowl.
5. Spoon out this yummy goodness and enjoy!